Checklist for celebration of life rather than funeral
The loss of a loved one is a very painful experience. This situation is made worse when you find yourself surrounded by mournful friends and relatives. On the other hand, instead of having a mournful event, you can decide to celebrate life. A celebration of life is an important way of bidding bye to your loved one. In case you are asked to organize for a memorial service for a deceased friend or relative, there are various strategies that you need to apply in order to have a successful event. This article is meant to give you tips on various check list you can use to have a successful celebration of life Vancouver event. These are as follows:
- The number of people to come-You need to consider the number of friends and relatives that your loved one. You can contact them to confirm whether they are ready to attend the memorial. You can contact one of your loved one’s business friends and ask them their expectations as far as the event is concerned. If the deceased was a public figure, do expect many members of the public to attend the celebration event. Knowing the estimated number of people to attend the event will help you plan ahead and determine the venue.
- Venue selection-You can either choose an indoor venue or an outdoor one. If you opt for an indoor venue, you can select a hotel, a hall, a private home or a funeral home. On the other hand, in case you choose an outdoor venue, you can choose a park, gardens, and wineries.
- Date and time-It is important to select a date and time which will allow as many people as possible to attend the celebration. Most people find weekends appropriate for such events. To ensure that there is thorough preparation for the event, it is important to take time to plan for the celebration. This can take at least two months.
- Spreading the word-You can invite as many people as possible to the event through the deceased’s email list. You can also put pictures of the deceased persons on the mainstream press media at the obituary section.
- Food and beverages-You can plan this with a caterer who will bring to the celebration in accordance to your budget. In case you plan to cook for yourself, it is important to prepare food prior to the celebrations Food Protection You can have neighbours, relatives and friends help with the cooking.
- Flowers and donations-Some people may request attendees to donate something to the deceased person’s charity instead of buying flowers.
- Decorations and theme-You can create a colour scheme which is in harmony with the theme.